During any difficult pursuit there will be challenging times. There will be moments that you want to quit. Dark thoughts will arise telling you that you’re not good enough. People in your life will discourage you.
It’s moments like these when you can turn to the advice from our greatest thought leaders of modern day and from history. Those who have accomplished great things know the exact struggle you’re going through and can provide you the light you need to overcome those dark thoughts and persevere.
Below, I’ve provided 13 motivational quotes that will help you overcome your doubts and overcome the obstacles between you and your dreams.
13 Motivational Quotes For Overcoming Self-Doubt:
1. “If you’re going to risk and maybe fail, fail at something that matters. Fail gloriously so that even in failure, lives change.” – Jon Acuff
2. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right.” – Henry Ford
3. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
4. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “You never fail until you stop trying.” – Albert Einstein
6. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
7. “Motion creates emotion” – Tony Robbins
8. “I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” – John Cage
9. “Undeniable success is when you master activities and emotions whilst helping others.” – Derek Sivers
10. “Man’s mind stretched by a new idea never goes back to its original dimension” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
11. “Your potential, the absolute best you’re capable of—that’s the metric to measure yourself against. Your standards are. Winning is not enough. People can get lucky and win. People can be assholes and win. Anyone can win. But not everyone is the best possible version of themselves.” – Ryan Holiday
12. “A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows” – William James
13. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
Bonus Quote (My Favorite of All-Time):
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Ready to launch your first blog? Here’s how you can set it up TODAY!